Priorities, priorities.
In life, we are constantly making decisions.
At work, i try to priorities the needs of my dearest patient's first.
But sometimes... it can get so challenging.
Funds, social reports, reply to doctors.. my best friend CFO who constantly writes love notes to me about my applications, ordering consumables for patients, dealing with the ones who complains, counseling, teaching new colleagues, reply emails to different organisations, meetings, sakah-ing to doctors who needs to be sarkah-ed (dont ask me what that means), going up to the wards, meeting parents, meeting patients and grieving...
Goodness gracious.
I hardly have time to grieve.
2 down in 6 months with working with children.
I am so thankful im not doing Oncology...
I wonder how many more to go... =.=
I tried to be wonder woman in the past week.
I stayed back on Tues, Wed and Thurs;
Hoping to be able to clear some work which piled from August 07.
I accomplished:
Tues = 11pm
Wed = 10pm
Thurs = 8pm.
I'm not sure if the time spent was equivalent to good work done.
I know that when I work late, I tend to lose focus and I make the darnest mistakes which drives my colleague Judith absolutely mad... aka = dunno to laugh or to cry..especially at my typo errors.... "How can like that?!?!".. as i quote her. =)
But at the end of it.
I was exhausted beyond imagination.
I had Heartsavers on the Friday and that the amount of energy needed in that 6 hours course totally took me off guard. I was whiney and complainy after the course and mourned to Joanne about how painful my hand was.. and so was hers even after 2 days! So much for us being equipped to do CPR - Never NEVER faint in front of me. I'll either give you too much air when i give u CPR or too little ... dont ask me how i passed! ><
The week however ended.... with a feeling of ... i dunno how to describe it.
Although I was nicely "pang seh-ed" by my friend who told me last min that she couldnt meet me for dinner..my mom gave me a timely call and wanted me to meet her to visit my maternal grandmother who had been in SGH since Tues.
Looking at her.
I know... instantly.
It will be a challenge to last until Dec 13 2008.
But despite all that happened..
I want her to be there.
Lord, please do not take her away before that fateful day.
